Welcome and thanks for your interest in the Young UN: Agents for Change initiative!
Started in 2016, the network now includes over 800 young professionals working across the UN system in over 60 countries. Working towards a shared vision of a UN that fully embodies the principles it stands for, we recognise the need for genuine change at the UN if we are to effectively meet the challenges of this century and are committed to play our part.
- Transparency in what we do
- Accountability for what we do
- Collective thinking and action using our combined strengths
- Embrace change and creativity
- Constant learning
Our added value
- Cross-UN, global, informal and inclusive network
- Positive and constructive voice: committed, engaged, optimistic
- Working in the interests of the UN as a whole, no single entity or staff interests
- Young minds/spirit (no age limit): embrace change and bring creativity and fresh perspectives from recent experience outside the UN
- Long-term commitment to the UN and SDGs with 25+ years potential service remaining
- Dynamic platform to share ideas and to channel these in a strategic and coordinated way