The Young UN Global Conference will provide a venue for Young UN members to learn from each other, exchange with current and former UN staff, and develop a vision and plan for the future.
The Young UN Global Conference aims to:
- Stimulate reflexion among Young UN members about a more effective UN organization;
- Share experiences, knowledge and ideas among Young UN members about UN reform;
- Engage with current and former UN staff about new and old UN reform proposals;
- Strengthen Young UN’s organisation as a global movement for UN reform;
- Adopt a Young UN manifesto, strategy and action plan for UN reform.
The Young UN Global Conference will rely on its members to develop the content of the Conference. Young UN members will be encouraged to showcase the initiatives they have launched in their respective duty stations. Members will also hold small workshops on specific themes to delve into existing policy proposals and to come up with fresh ideas for UN reform proposals or initiatives.
The Conference is expected to increase knowledge of each other and each other’s initiatives, develop the global team spirit among Young UN members, generate new ideas, establish shared principles for Young UN, as well as Young UN policy proposals for UN reform. In preparation of the Conference, Young UN members from around the world will be invited to join the working group responsible for organizing the Conference and regular VTCs will be set up to facilitate cooperation.